Many people prefer don’t eating pasta for dinner. But science tells us that eating pasta in the evening is good for your wellness, does not get fat, relaxes and promotes sleep.
In occasion of World Sleep Day, a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including education, social aspects and food, here are 5 good reasons to choose pasta, even at dinner.
- Does not get fat – Science confirms * that eating a portion of pasta “al dente” (80gr) at dinner with fish or vegetables and olive oil is a good choice for wellness!
- It is a natural no stress food – Consume carbohydrates in the evening, especially if they are rich in fiber, helps you to lower the cortisol in the blood, the “stress hormone”. Goodbye nervous hunger!
- Combats insomnia – Complex carbohydrates, such as pasta, ensure a sufficient supply of tryptophan that is the precursor of serotonin, the “relaxing hormone”. Nothing better than a good plate of spaghetti at dinner for a good sleep!
- It is good for sport – Carbohydrates are essential for those who practice sports, even at an amateur level, because they allow you to integrate the lost muscle glucose because of physical effort. Pasta is an excellent and beneficial gratification after an evening session at the gym!
- Pasta helps the good mood- The consumption of cereals improves your intestinal wellness with positive results on your state of mind. Moreover, in women, carbohydrates help to regulate swelling and mood swings related to premenstrual syndrome.
** Consensus Status “Healthy Pasta Meal” 2015 / Brigham and Women Hospital di Boston – The Lancet Public Health 2018